Day 1 of Quarantine - MY JOURNAL-EY (Journal-journey)



How Journaling (& Modi) lead me to create The Quote Potpourri and Blog. #lifeintimesofcorona.



I have been meaning to start a blog for the longest time, but I never quite got around to it. Journaling, however,  has been a habit since early childhood.  I would document the most mundane school day details, embarrassing accounts of crushes that changed by the month and the 'not so' complicated emotions of preteens (rolls eyes).

As the years went by, the journaling evolved. Embarrassing encounters with crushes turned into reminiscing of college life. The world was turning real and I would navigate my way through it in the warm comfort of my journals. I would move back and forth between regular updates to long absences.



With due time, journaling turned into a gratitude practice. On the advice of  THE Oprah Winfrey, I would religiously list 5 things I was grateful for everyday. Ofcourse, I lagged. Quite a bit! However the tempo was gradual but more or less consistent. Journaling wasn't a habit any more. It was a refuge. It was the place I gathered myself and my beliefs. My scatter brain found home in those pale yellow pages. It found an escape, a privilege to let loose and then to re-wire.

Of late, as I stand at the cusp of my thirties, journaling has become an innate part of my work process. Infact, The Quote Potpourri was born in my notebooks in the middle of one insomniac college night!



“The Quote Potpourri was born in my notebooks in the middle of one insomniac college night!"



My journals help me navigate the deeper cultural aspects of contemporary Sikh art. They help me internalize my beliefs on paper and then bring them forth in my sketches. And so, as Modi Ji announced the 21 day lockdown in India, in the wake of The Corona Virus Pandemic, it was apt that I begin what I long procrastinated: I am happy to announce the Quote Potpourri has finally launched a blog!

I began about a week ago and it is high time I shared it with you all. Will try my best to be regular with my updates and share my work process in future posts. Please feel free to browse through and leave your comments.







Comments

Popular Posts